01 July 2010

Stair-climbing waxing lifts

Morning loves,

I decided last night to get a long overdue bikini wax. Now, if you know me, you know I wax regularly and I am not afraid of the pain that comes along with this. "No pain, no gain" happens to be my motto where hair -augmentation or removal - is concerned.
Well, last night, I realized I have gone soft. I almost cried. I almost swore at the woman. I did beg her for mercy though. I tried to distract myself with BB messenger....no luck. I still jumped, cursed, and wondered why exactly I was inflicting such a huge amount of pain on myself for a hefty price....
Thankfully, the end results were worth it. Maybe I just need to build up my pain threshold again. Wonder how it went down to start with....

And then this bright sunny morning, after I deprived myself of sleep so I could make it in early to get some work out of the way, I walk in - happy to have secured a parking spot in front of the building- and....the lifts are not working.
My office is on the fourth floor. There is a mezzanine floor. This means I had to climb up five flights of stairs. This means I walked into my office nice sweaty and shiny...and I hate sweating unless that's the purpose of whatever I'm doing e.g working out in an air-conditioned gym, post-workout time in the sauna etc

I am bent on seeing the positive in this though: I got a little bit of cardio in for the week. Yay!

And work begins.

Ta!

No comments: