08 December 2010

Back

I had a conversation about a week ago with someone who consults for various magazines. He asked me if I was doing what I really wanted to be doing, career-wise. I replied in the negative. He then asked what I wanted to do. And I told him, I want to write.

One hour a day, he said. Just get it out. Write what has transpired during the day, what stood out to you, the funny stories, the painful stories....just write. Get it out...and before you know it, you have enough material to mold something out of.

And so I'm back. I have wanted to come back here many many times. I would log in, start to type and then work would come in and drag me away violently, taking along with it the possibility of remembering to come back and finish what I had started.

I always have a lot to say. I always have a lot to get off my mind. Only problem is I am still very scared of people making assumptions about who or what I am referring to in my writing.

However, I will try to be less concerned going forward. After all, it is MY blog and as it says, "jokers need not apply".

Hope this lasts.

No comments: