15 November 2011

Growing up is hard to do

I've had a lot of firsts in the last few weeks.

I bought diesel for the first time.
I was a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding.
I got stranded when my car overheated on Ozumba
I went without a car for more than a week.


I travelled with my two younger brothers on the same plane.
I stayed awake for an entire overnight trans-atlantic flight (thanks to some annoying little girl. I am yet to recover)

It dawned on me that I am getting quite old.

Fine. I am in my twenties.

Fine. My life is pretty alright.

My birthday is in twelve days and I am suddenly panicking about all I should have done by this age.

Now, it may sound like wishful thinking but a windfall would definitely set a lot of these outstanding plans in motion.

Seriously though, I think I should apply to grad school, and/or look for a new job soon.

This cannot be it. God did not bless me this much for THIS to be it. I guess the realisation is all part of growing up.

Working hard, praying harder.

No comments: